- Conference “Machines and equipment for open-pit mining”
Organiser: PRIMEXPO Ltd
Other exhibitions of Mining branch:
MiningWorld Russia 2013, the 17th international exhibition and conference for mining and processing of metals and minerals, took place at Crocus Expo exhibition centre in Moscow from 14 to 16 May 2013. For the past 16 years, the exhibition and its accompanying business programme have enjoyed great popularity among the industry’s professionals, bringing together thousands of mining specialists – a key industrial sector for Russia.
The official opening ceremony of MiningWorld Russia 2013 took place on 14 May. Senior-level specialists and government body representatives spoke at the opening, including:
- Sergey Kashuba, Chairman of the Russian Union of Gold Miners
- Carlos Gonzalez, Director of the Prospecting Department of the Ministry of the Mining Industry of Argentina
- Paul Myler, Australian Ambassador to Russia
- Ian Wing, Trade Adviser to the Australian Embassy in Russia
- Yan Kote, Global Business Development Adviser, Mobil Industrial Lubricants (General Sponsor of MiningWorld Russia)
- Irina Lyubina, CEO of Primexpo
- Anna Aleinikova, Sales Director, ITE Group
- Elena Babikhina, Event Director, Primexpo
This year the exhibition grew once again – over 430 companies from 32 countries presented their products and services in the 5th and 6th halls of Pavilion 2 and in the outside display area.
This number and range of exhibitors helped to attract thousands of visiting trade professionals from all over Russia and the world. Visitors were able to learn about a full range of mining industry products and services and become the first to see the industry’s latest developments and technology.
New products showcased at the exhibition included:
- Drilling equipment for open-pit mining
- Next-generation vacuum disk filters with ceramic filter elements for slurry dewatering
- Underground double-drum scraper winches with coaxial electric motor arrangement
- Tailing and sludge storage devices
- Rockfall protection systems for open mines, quarries and pits
- A top-service gyratory crusher, and much more
As well as its exhibition, MiningWorld Russia’s extensive business programme, setting it apart from similar events, was also useful to trade professionals:
- The Gold and Technologies 2013 conference brought together leading political, business, financial and scientific figures of the global gold mining industry. Held over two days, the conference gave its participants a venue to share experience, summarise the industry’s performance in 2012 and its situation and prospects, and discuss legal and a range of other issues in gold and precious metals mining.
- Also held on the first day, the 11th meeting of the Minex Russian Mining Club featured participation from company directors, technical directors, head engineers, production directors and heads of occupation health and safety departments of mining companies. The discussion topics were: industrial security – the key factor of a successful business, and practical aspects of prospecting from the point of view of international reporting. During the discussion, participants looked at current issues in industrial safety in the Russian and CIS mining sectors, as well as presenting different solutions based on the practical experience of the biggest mining companies.
- The event’s second day featured another significant event in the business programme – the Machines and Equipment for Open-Pit Mining conference. The main discussion topics were development prospects for mining industry equipment and the feasibility of introducing innovative machinery to open-pit mining. Speakers traditionally include leading industry experts.
Negotiations, consultations and presentations at exhibition stands took place over the three days of MiningWorld Russia 2013. Valuable deals and long-term contracts were signed, and exhibitors and visitors held scheduled business meetings and shared their experience with colleagues.
Thanks to the wide range of products for every area of mining showcased at the exhibition and within its congress, where solutions are found to the most pressing industry issues, MiningWorld Russia has been a long-awaited annual industry event for many years. It is also a platform for building international business relationships.
Countries represented by exhibitors: Australia, Austria, Argentina, Belgium, UK, Hungary, Germany, Denmark, Israel, India, Spain, Italy, Kazakhstan, Canada, China, Kyrgyzstan, Norway, Poland, UAE, Belarus, Russia, USA, Turkey, Taiwan, Thailand, Ukraine, France, Finland, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Sweden and South Africa.
Australia, Argentina, Germany, Finland and China also presented national stands.
General exhibition sponsor: Mobil Industrial Lubricants
Exhibition sponsor: TOMS Engineering
The General Sponsor of the Machines and Equipment for Open-Pit Mining conference was Mobil Industrial Lubricants, and the conference was also sponsored by SSAB Swedish Steel CIS, Sandvik Mining and Construction CIS and EnviroChemie.